Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhuparnadhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

DELETE method in Qlik Sense REST API

Hi All,

I need to use DELETE method in Qlik Sense REST API connection. When I am creating the data connection, it gives options for only GET and POST. Is there any way to use DELETE method in Qlik Sense ?

Looking forward to the replies!

Thanks and Regards,

Madhuparna Dhar

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

By default, the Qlik Sense Rest Connector doesn´t provide data manipulation, only read data:

"The Qlik REST Connector enables Qlik Sense and QlikView to efficiently load data into Qlik apps from a REST data source"

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/Connectors_REST/REST-c...

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

you can't set up DELETE method directly in connection but you can override POST method using solution presented below (HTTPHEADER "X-HTTP-Method-Override" "DELETE", ).

I use it in scripts calling NPrinting API via Qlik RESTFull connector (look here if you are interested)

Let vDeleteUserURL = 'https://$(vNPrintingServer):4993/api/v1/users/'&'$(vUserId)';
Trace Deleting user: $(vDeleteUserURL);

LIB CONNECT TO '$(vConnection_POST)';

RestDeleteUserTable:
SQL SELECT
"__KEY_data"
FROM
JSON (wrap off) "data" PK "__KEY_data"
WITH
CONNECTION( URL "$(vDeleteUserURL)",
HTTPHEADER "Content-Type" "application/json",
HTTPHEADER "X-HTTP-Method-Override" "DELETE",
HTTPHEADER "cookie" "$(vCookie)")
;

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
matheuzzy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for you reply!

The name of this connector is wrong!
How can you name a connector "REST" and do not allow all the Representational State Transfer methods?

It should be called "only read REST".