Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hallaien
Contributor II
Contributor II

Extract data fields with Jira Web Connector from table=IssuesAsRawXml?

Hi,

How do I extract fields from Table=IssuesAsRawXml? 

I can access the URL but I don't know how to load the fields from the XML format.

When I add (xml) after the link I get the columns "expand, id, self, key, fields". 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
jason34
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

@Hallaien MGHwrote:

Hi,

How do I extract fields from Table=IssuesAsRawXml? 

I can access the URL but I don't know how to load the fields from the XML format.

When I add (xml) after the link I get the columns "expand, id, self, key, fields". 

Extracting data from Jira's IssuesAsRawXml table requires parsing the XML response. Use scripting languages like Python with libraries like xml.etree.ElementTree or Qlik's built-in XML functions to extract desired fields. Consider API limitations, data volume, and error handling. If XML structure is complex, explore third-party tools or libraries for efficient data extraction and transformation.

Hallaien
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have currently tried using xmlSimple, but depending on project I pull there are different amount of tables (xml meta data) and it is Super Slow. For the QVDs where it was implemented the loading time was 3 times more.. I will try Rest Api to get the fields I need.