Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Extracting custom property data from Qlik Sense (Enterprise)

Good afternoon,

Has anyone within our community had experience extracting custom property data from the PostgreSQL Qlik sense repository and if so could you expand on the process of obtaining this data? Our use case for this is to have the ability to monitor the custom properties associated with various Qlik resources such as Users, Apps, streams etc to then have the ability to monitor and audit those resources.

I assume this data is attainable as (INTERNAL\sa_repository) connections are set-up to feed the standard monitoring applications that come with installation of Qlik sense enterprise.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Josh

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Indeed we have, though only for apps on our end. You should be able to use these tables for other types as well, though, by pulling extra fields as required, I believe.

LOAD ID as "Definition_ID",
Name as CustomName;
SELECT *
FROM "public"."CustomPropertyDefinitions";

Inner Join

LOAD
Value as GroupName,
Definition_ID,
App_ID
;
SELECT *
FROM "public"."CustomPropertyValues";

Josh_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply @Or , that makes sense... to set up the connection to this data feed, were service account / super user details needed?

I'm currently unable to see a database/owner of "Public" within the our current connections.

Or
MVP
MVP

I believe we used these steps:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-To-Connect-To-The-PostgreSQL-Database-Us...

But it's been a few years so I'm not 100% sure.

Josh_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, I'll give this a go and report back.

Josh_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Worked brilliantly, thank you