cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fail to build connection to Microsoft SQL server in Qlik Sense Desktop

Dear all,

I have tried to create a connection to Microsoft SQL Server via Qlik Sense Desktop, but I got the following error, when I clicked "Create".

The weird thing is that if I try to build the connection via QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe directly, I can build the connection successfully and see the metadata of the tables in the same laptop. Therefore, I believe the firewall shouldn't be the issues.

My Qlik Sense Desktop version is 11.24.1. I have already tried the latest version (12.xx.x), but still have the same issue. Originally, I thought there may be issues in the latest version for building connection to Microsoft SQL server. Therefore, I used an old one, which my colleagues used and can build connection to Microsoft SQL server without any issue. 

However, I don't know why for any new installation of Qlik Sense Desktop, no matter what the version is (the latest version or 11.24.1), all of them hit that error.

It would be much appreciated if you could give me some clues/idea on how to solve it. I have spent lots of time to investigate, but not much finding.

Test connection success in QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe

Can view the metadata of the DB in QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

0 Replies