Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyrilr
Contributor
Contributor

Getting the following error when creating a new query on Oracle: ERROR [HY090] [Qlik][ODBC] (11400) Table name too long.

Hello,

I am getting the following error when I try to create a new query using Oracle source:

ERROR [HY090] [Qlik][ODBC] (11400) Table name too long.

Qlik Sense version 14.44.8  November 2021
I can use the wizard to create queries on many other sources including Oracle, but I am getting this error on 2 tables. Other table on the same schema are working fine.

One of this table is named:  DTM_MIS_PLY.FPE_MIS_POS_METRICS_OPER_DTE_VW

I only have this issue using the wizard to select the table and fields to extract. I do not have any issue if I type the SQL code directly in the script. Example:

Select
ACNT_CD,
ARGMT_CONSOLIDATION_KEY,
OUTST_CRDT_CTV_OPER_DTE
From DTM_MIS_PLY.FPE_MIS_POS_METRICS_OPER_DTE_VW
WHERE ACNT_CURR_CD = 'CHF';

This select statement will run and will return data. But I cannot generate this script using the wizard without getting the error above.

I attached a screenshot of the error.

Thank you for your help.

Cyril
Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

In Oracle DB versions prior to 12.2 (I think), the maximum length for a table name is 30 characters, and this is 31 characters. Assuming your DB is a newer version, and assuming it isn't set to an older level of compatibility, there might be a matching limitation within the Qlik Oracle ODBC connector, but it's not something I've ever tried / checked. I'd suggest trying it with the latest version of Qlik and if that doesn't work, possibly contact support about it?

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

https://newbedev.com/what-is-the-maximum-length-of-a-table-name-in-oracle

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

In Oracle DB versions prior to 12.2 (I think), the maximum length for a table name is 30 characters, and this is 31 characters. Assuming your DB is a newer version, and assuming it isn't set to an older level of compatibility, there might be a matching limitation within the Qlik Oracle ODBC connector, but it's not something I've ever tried / checked. I'd suggest trying it with the latest version of Qlik and if that doesn't work, possibly contact support about it?

cyrilr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Or,

Since this issue is only limited to the wizard and we can write SQL directly in the code to fetch data, it is not critical. Just annoying.

And because we can fetch data from tables with these long name, I was not sure if it was a driver issue or Qlik issue. I am not sure if I will be able to try with a newer version anytime soon. I will try Qlik support...

Cyril

lashworth
Luminary
Luminary

I have just found the same issue. Wizard doesn't work but writing it out will work fine.

We are on November 2021 Version and likely won't be upgrading for a few more months. Guess we will have to re-evaluate then.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

https://newbedev.com/what-is-the-maximum-length-of-a-table-name-in-oracle

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!