Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I limit data connections to not see SQL Server INFORMATION_SCHEMA.

I have a SQL Server account that has limited privileges to a specific database and schema.

However, when a user logs into Qlik Sense they see the SQL Server databases master, msdb,  tempdb and schema like INFORMATION_SCHEMA.

How do I limit read only users not see this meta data?

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

From Qlik point of view you can not do anything..

This access depends on your User Credentials which is being created in SQL...

Ask SQL admin to set these permission for your login....

Not applicable
Author

I am the SQL Server admin.

I am using a SQL account with SELECT privileges for one table.

When I use an OLEDB connection, the 'select data to load' process, lists the one 'granted database' the account has access to as well as msdb, master and tempdb. 
The 'granted database' lists all the other owners (schema) in the database.  The dbo, sys and INFORMATION_SCHEMA owner, shows the objects in these schemas.

Under the databases msdb, master and tempdb, the owners' listed include dbo, sys and INFORMATION_SCHEMA.

When I use the same account with ODBC connection, I see every database on the server. The other 'user' databases does not list any owners, but the same visibility to msdb, master and tempdb databases and schemas dbo, sys and INFORMATION_SCHEMA objects.

Ideally, I want to limit the view of database objects to our user community to data that we have provided read capability to.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Below is an example of the objects under msdb database and INFORMATION_SCHEMA displays.

qliksense_shows_msdb.gif