Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to connect to dashDB instance

Hello,

I'm trying to create a connection in Qlik Sense Desktop to a hosted dashDB.  I downloaded and installed the connector package.  In Qlik Sense Desktop, I'm doing the following:

1. Click Add Data
  2. Click IBM DB2
  3. Paste in the values for Host name, Port, Database, User name, and Password.
  4. Click the next arrow

The following is displayed:

Test Connection

Error message: Please check the values for Username, Password, Host and other properties. Description: General error

The database says it is compatible with DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, Version 10.5 or later. 

I have been able to successfully connect to this database using a DB2 driver from a different desktop app.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Or any ideas on how to get a more useful error message?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

According to error message, please check your host values and enter correctly.

If you still have issues submit support ticket with Qlik.

Not applicable
Author

I've confirmed I am copying and pasting the values directly into Qlik Sense.  I'm currently using the free trial test Qlik with my setup.  How do I submit a support ticket?

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I have exactly the same issue but with a Oracle DB. All the connection parameters plus user/pwd are ok. I have tested it with other tools.

Is there any requierement regarding Oracle Client to get this working on my local machine?

I want to test the tool in order to decide start using it.

BR
Claudio