Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to fetch data from SAP BW

Hi,

For me the SAP products and the connectors are somewhat a djungle therefore this question.

I'm using the SAP SQL connector to fetch data from a SAP-database. I've tried the Extractor connector as well and it works.

Now I'm wondering what it takes to fetch data from the SAP BW as well.

Which connector to use and what is the effort to get it working and maintain it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well,

I did some more research and ended up in three alternatives to fetch data from SAP BW.

1. BeX-connector. If some BeX-queries already have been developed in SAP they can be reused by Qlik to preserve the logic. If no BeX-queries exists there is most certain nothing to gain from Qlik's perspective to develop new BeX-queries since the process to change the logic with SAP consultants and SAP dev->test->prod will be much more time consuming than changing a Qlik-script. BeX also does not work very well with large amounts of data.

2. Infoprovider. Better than the BeX-connector since it doesn't seem to need SAP-development. It can also read multiproviders (several connected cubes in BW)

3. Extractor-connector. This one can read data incremental. It can be used after you in BW right-click on your source and select "Generate datasource".  Obviously this includes some small amounts of work from SAP-people so the Infoprovider might be the easiest to start with. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/Connectors_SAP/Configu...

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PrashantSangle

use sap bex connector

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Hakan_Ronningberg

Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @andy , you have received a couple of responses on this which I think could have solved your issue.

If one of the responses provided the information you needed, please mark this as solved.  Thanks!

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well,

I did some more research and ended up in three alternatives to fetch data from SAP BW.

1. BeX-connector. If some BeX-queries already have been developed in SAP they can be reused by Qlik to preserve the logic. If no BeX-queries exists there is most certain nothing to gain from Qlik's perspective to develop new BeX-queries since the process to change the logic with SAP consultants and SAP dev->test->prod will be much more time consuming than changing a Qlik-script. BeX also does not work very well with large amounts of data.

2. Infoprovider. Better than the BeX-connector since it doesn't seem to need SAP-development. It can also read multiproviders (several connected cubes in BW)

3. Extractor-connector. This one can read data incremental. It can be used after you in BW right-click on your source and select "Generate datasource".  Obviously this includes some small amounts of work from SAP-people so the Infoprovider might be the easiest to start with. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/Connectors_SAP/Configu...

Regards