Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manja_TU_Dortmund
Contributor
Contributor

How to load data from a MySQL database (NOT enterprise edition) into QlikSense?

Hi.

I want to upload data from a MySQL database into QlikSense. I've read many posts in this forum and watched the videos.

But all the answers look different to my QlikSense application. What am I doing wrong?

Here is how it should look when I want to establish a new connection as described in the posts and videos (I can choose ODBC as a connector):

Manja_TU_Dortmund_0-1600370746153.png

Here's how it looks in my application (I only have the regular data sources to choose from. No option to establish a new ODBC connection):

Manja_TU_Dortmund_1-1600370899259.png

I don't see the mistake. Do I need to change anything in the applications settings?

Hope someone can help. Thanks so much in advance!

BR

Manja

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Manja_TU_Dortmund
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi again.

I had really hoped someone could help me with my connectivity problem. I'll try again.

In the meantime I have found a work around (since my test database is rather small I exported the data to excel and then imported the excel files into Qlik Sense) in order to get to know Qlik Sense as a BI tool. And I have to say I'm thrilled. It's really intuitiv and fun to work with.

BUT: As I am comparing different BI tools for my master thesis (Power BI, Tableau and Qlik Sense) in a real case environment and making a suggestion as to which tool to use I still need to access the MySQL database (it's not feasible for the company to export the data from MySQL to excel and then import it into Qlik Sense on a daily basis).

So, the question remains: How do I establish an ODBC connection in Qlik Sense?

Thanks a lot for your help.

BR

Manja