Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

How to read QVD stored on windows share?

There has to be a really simple answer to this... but I just cannot get it to work.

- I create a QVD on server A, and store it in a folder that is shared as a standard, hidden Windows share.

- I then want to access (read) that QVD from server B.

I have tried mapping the share on server B, making available as a local drive (e.g. Z:).

The error message given by Sense 1.0 is "LOAD statement only works with lib:// paths in this script mode", which doesn't really tell me much. Nothing to be found in Sense help (at least I haven't found anything).

I've tried using a UNC path in the load statement on server B, i.e. Load <fields> from \\server\share\directory\file.qvd

No luck.

What's a lib:// path in this context?

Any pointers to how this should be done in Sense?

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
13 Replies
jrdunson
Creator
Creator

Late comment:  these URLs are obsolete

jrdunson
Creator
Creator

This URL is obsolete

jrdunson
Creator
Creator

Hey all, I know this was discussed Sept 2014, but can Qlik Sense pull from a qvd...stored on another machine?

I have tried using the server address, suggested by Reuniones de Gerentes Manar above,

Load * from \\xxx.xx.xx.xx\Path\file.qvd (qvd);

But this does not work. I am using Qlik Sense Desktop... is this a limit and/or an intentional license issue?  That is, can Qlik Sense pull data from other drives... other than 'Lib:\\' locations?

Any suggestions?

VishalSingh18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Same problem but the thing is the file shared by my client how do I connect to that remote location Data source to read the QVD

silly question but I am totally new to Qlik