Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VlSkrbekCoba
Contributor
Contributor

How to select date range from the basic table and connect it to the other tables

Hello,

I am a little new to a Qlik and because my app take to long to load it is recommended that I have to create more tables and prepare date to view.

I use the Date picker for which I created the Date column (IMPORTTSDATE) from basic table:

[LOG]:
LOAD [CID], [IMPORTTS], Date(Floor([IMPORTTS])) as IMPORTTSDATE;
SELECT "CID", "IMPORTTS"
FROM "LOG";

Then I created another (grouped) table like this:

[MONTH_TOTALS]:
SELECT TO_CHAR(IMPORTTS,'YYYY MM') as "YYYY MM", CID
, COUNT(*) AS "CL_MONTH_TOTALS"
FROM "LOG"
GROUP BY CID, TO_CHAR(IMPORTTS,'YYYY MM');

and for Date picker I use the column [IMPORTTSDATE] from the basic table because it contains all dates and I want the user has possibility to select whole date range. Then I show one grapgh that takes date from basic table and second grapgh that takes data from the other table and when user select date range the data are not updated in the other table.

Evidentally the data are not connected. 

How can I create one date picker to select date range to be connected to all tables?

Here is an example picture. Here is the chosen date range: 2.-3. May of 2022:

VlSkrbekCoba_1-1657290203902.png

And here you can see the data without selection:

VlSkrbekCoba_4-1657290927894.png

You can see that there are data for CID=03 and CID=04 and CID=07.

And then compare it with the selection of date range 2.-3. May 2022 from Date Picker:

VlSkrbekCoba_5-1657291023444.png

So I want to see only the data from May but I still see the other data and also do not see the data from CID=03 and CID=07.

So how can I create a date picker to select data from all other tables? If the other tables are created in data editor and not computed from one table?

Labels (2)
0 Replies