Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

How to use Google BigQuery connector with Sense?

Half a year ago or so I was told that the QV connector for Google BigQuery access (available as a download from Qlik, if you are a customer or partner) would also work with Sense.

Getting it up and running with QlikView was not too hard, but I just cannot figure out how to do the same with Sense.

I have installed the connector on a Sense server, but then what?

It does not show up anywhere in Sense, in ODBC sources or anywhere else I can think of.

Am I missing something very obvious??

Searching the forums comes up with pretty much nil in this space - but surely someone would have tried this?

Ideas?

Thanks,

Göran

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Goran

I have the same issue. Have you had any further success?

Many thanks

Paul

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Yes, sort of.

From what I understand there is not yet a Sense UI for the connector.

The workaround is to install the connector on both QV and Sense, develop your queries on QV, then copy-paste the BQ-code over to your Sense load script, and run it from there.

Not the leanest of workflows, I know... I strongly suspect (hope!) Qlik will add a Sense UI before long.

Another option (and the one I am using now) is to use QVSource's BigQuery connector. Works a treat!

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback Goran. Appreciate it. I will look into both solutions that you have suggested.

Not applicable

Hi Goran

Thanks again for your initial respones. I am just trying to get the QlikView Big Query connector working at the moment. I get to the point when I authenticate successfully but then get stuck. I get a error_redirect_uri_mismatch error. I need to put in where I want to be directed to on the Google developer console. Please see screenshot.

I have tried putting in the URL where the data set is located but does not seem to be working. Do you know what I should be putting in the "Authorized Redirect URIs" on the Google developer console?

Many Thanks in advance.

PaulGoogleBigQuery.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Goran

Not worry. I found my issue. I was creating a ClientID for a web application instead of an installed application.

Thanks in advance.

Paul