Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwinwitvoet
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to use variable's in REST connector (mailchimp 3.0)

Using the Qlik Sense REST API connector for Mailchimp 3.0 using 'create a new connection' works well, but does not allow using variables to connect to Mailchimp's v3.0 API for querying specific campaign-id's dynamically.

Typically this is what you want when fetching the available campaigns and the statistics for all of these campaign-id's.

So, I'd like to be able to pass the campaign id as a variable.

Other articles on this community forum do address some examples with google analytics, but from that I was not yet successful in deriving the way to go for mailchimp.

I was trying to use the 'CUSTOM CONNECT TO' approach but somehow I couldnt get the authorization correctly

This is what I used (note : the variable part in this example would be the apikey)

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QvRestConnector.exe; 

url=https://us2.api.mailchimp.com/3.0/reports; 

timeout=30;method=GET; 

PaginationType=None;Authorization=apikey:<apikey>;"; 

This is what I got

QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: HTTP protocol error 401 (Unauthorized): Requested resource requires authentication.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like your first problem is authorization so you need to get that sorted out before passing parameters.

I get a connection OK with the following settings

Did you try to force basic authentication?

Does the URL prefix, eg us9 match your apikey suffix eg a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2e4e4e4e4e4e4e-us9 ?

birchgold
Contributor II
Contributor II

Tim,

I haven't had any success with this either. My URL prefix matches my API suffix.
I also set the same settings as you did above with the data is not being retrieved.
Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a wild guess try using [] instead of "", as in :

CUSTOM CONNECT TO [Provider=QvRestConnector.exe;

url=https://us2.api.mailchimp.com/3.0/reports;

timeout=30;method=GET;

PaginationType=None;Authorization=apikey:<apikey>;];

Also are you using a dollar expansion of a variable assigned a value using LET ?

• If so then make sure you use single quotes and not double quotes

Another also is to maybe look into disabling Standard Mode Disabling standard mode ‒ Qlik Sense

• I have had to do that recently to get an API url to work - But do beware the security implications of this.