Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amineennar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Lucanet - QlikSense Connector

Dear All,

I need  to connect Lucanet cubes with Qliksense.  Is there any dedicated connector to do that  ?   Or I have to connect directly to the database  ?

Thank ou for your help 

Labels (1)
5 Replies
amineennar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

There is no a dedicated connector to QlikSense.

But we can use an app to export all Lucanet Data from a "financial warehouse" to a database like SQL Server. And then build our QS dashboard.

suneethagandham86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Have you managed to connect lucanet with qliksense? If, yes please let me know the process.

amineennar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

Yes there is two ways to do that:

1- Bought a dedicated connector (#4042 - Exporting LucaNet Values for BI Tools ) from Lucanet : It allows you to extract a ready datamodel from Lucanet to a sql database or other DB. Then, extract values frol SQL DB to QlikSense.  ( So it's a paid solution)

amineennar_0-1653381864943.png

2- The second solution is more difficult : use the Lucanrt excel Addin functions to get values from Lucanet. Then import data from excel to QlikSense. This way could take time to implement, automate and maintain ( it's a free solution)

Don't hesitate if further information is needed.

BR.

Amine

suneethagandham86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 👋 

Thanks for your response. Currently we are exporting data manually into csv files then into qlik.

SamKng
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'm not sure whether it's still relevant, but we've managed to realize another free approach:

- Established a connection over OLEDB-connector: OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=MSOLAP;Data Source=https://xxxxxxxxxxxxx/xmla/database=xxx;Initial Catalog=xxxxxxxxxx;]

- Fetch the data directly over the data load editor (example): 

Load
"[BSAccount].[Level_00].[MEMBER_CAPTION]" as %Account,
"[Measures].[Measures.Sorter]" as AccountSorter;
SQL
WITH
MEMBER Measures.Sorter as [BSAccount].CurrentMember.Properties("Sorter")
SELECT
{Measures.Sorter}
ON COLUMNS,
[BSAccount].[Level_00]
ON ROWS
FROM [BalanceSheet];

We're now fighting with implementing something similar out of QlikCloud...