Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jelwood
Contributor II
Contributor II

MS SQL Server ODBC Connection with Multiple Users

Hello All, 

I have multiple admin users at my organization that need to be able to utilize the ODBC connection to load data from our MS SQL Server.  One of the Admins in Qlik has established the ODBC and is able to load data into apps; however, whenever I attempt to connect to the ODBC using the same connection, I get an error message.  Is this a permissions issue within Qlik?  Are multiple Admins able to  utilize the same ODBC connection?  Any advice would be helpful, as our team is very new to Qlik.  We are using the Qlik Sense SaaS edition. 

Thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

In the Security Rules, you will need to make sure the other users are given access to at least read that connection.  If that still doesn't work, I think you'll need to post the error message in order to help further.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

In the Security Rules, you will need to make sure the other users are given access to at least read that connection.  If that still doesn't work, I think you'll need to post the error message in order to help further.

jelwood
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Would the "Security Rules" be associated with the ODBC setup or something that is altered within Qlik?

Nicole-Smith

Security Rules is a section in the QMC where access is granted for everything in the environment.  You'll need to work with someone who has access to that section to see how access to the Data Connections is applied.

jelwood
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Perfect!  Thank you!