Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xy-siang
Partner - Contributor III

Need guide on Connecting to hubspot using Qliksense REST connector

Hi All, 

Sry to trouble you all. I have never used Qliksense REST connector to connect  to Hubspot, to pull date from  the dashboard in bubspot to qliksense. I encountered an issue which I need help on it. 

1. This is the error I encountered:

hubspot issue.PNG

But I have already checked the "Check response type during 'Test Connection' ". Cannot figure out what is the cause of this. 

hubspot3.PNG

2. Below is my setting:

hubspot2.PNG

hubspot3.PNG

hubspot4.PNG

hubspot5.PNG

hubspot7.PNG

I followed the guide in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqwNU_pnFt4  . Can you anyone please advise me what should be the correct methods if the above are wrong?

Questions:

1. Is it because can't  use REST connection in qliksense to directly connect to hubspot?

2. If point #1 is true, then is it need to create a REST API out of the dashboard in hubspot first, before utilising REST connection in qliksense to pull data out of dashboard in hubspot?

Appreciate your help! Thank you.

Regards, 

XY Siang

13 Replies
DOD
Contributor III
Contributor III

Correct. You'll be building your data model in Qlik using the various object data.

xy-siang
Author

Hi @DOD , 

Sorry to bother you again but need your advice if you happened to have knowledge on it. 

In my hub ID - 3978304 account, there are about 2000 contacts.  But when using API REST connection to pull data from hubspot to qliksense, I can only retrieve 100 records each time. Is there a way to retrieve all the 2000 contacts?

I try to use 'Next' or 'Offset' pagination type as shown below but doesn't seems to work well. Hence, could you advise what is the proper way if were to use Next' or 'Offset' pagination type? 

pagination.PNG

Thank you

XY

BayardBradford
Contributor II
Contributor II

A QlikSense connector for HubSpot is now available in the HubSpot App Marketplace. More information here. The connector uses a middleware application that loads the HubSpot data via the HubSpot APIs, so there’s no need to use the QlikSense REST connector. 

DOD
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @xy-siang ,

I encountered the same issue. The pagination options in the connection setup did not work for loading all records, as some of the necessary parameter values did not exist.

To work around this, I used a loop in the load script to move to the next iteration after each value had been loaded.

Thanks,

Dod