Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

OData

Has anyone any experience with OData data sources?

We are investigating what data sources we can use with Qlik Sense Business / Cloud Services SaaS, and I've noticed there isn't an OData connector available, however, is there anything available for Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows or in the pipeline for the SaaS products? 

For info, we are wanting to extract data from Dynamics Business Central (NAV in the cloud)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Update - REST connector can injest the XML (OData v3) or JSON (OData v4) when using Basic Authentication. Great stuff. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Update - REST connector can injest the XML (OData v3) or JSON (OData v4) when using Basic Authentication. Great stuff. 

holmpeter
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to get odata to work, it works from other tools, but not from my qlikview client. The response comes gzip'ed, which qlikview does not seem to understand, so shows binary stuff. Is odata via gzip supported ?

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

I've never heard of odata returning gzip data @holmpeter . Can you provide a bit more info? What other tools have you tried the endpoint in, excel?

holmpeter
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, works in Excel and PowerBi. Odata-server is custom implementation, so we gzip before returning the data, to get better speed.

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Interesting!

What version of qlik sense / QlikView are you running? Are you using the web connectors or standard rest connector?

It might be worth logging a support call with Qlik support, perhaps gzip isn't supported however if it works in Power BI and Excel, logic would say it would work on Qlik too.

holmpeter
Contributor
Contributor

We are on version 12.40.20, Apr20; and only have web-connector installed... Is rest connector extra add-on / can it be downloaded separately ?