Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Office 365 SharePoint Connector - specific site authentication

Hello Everyone,

I would like to retrieve data from a 365 SharePoint site. I first tried the normal REST API path which does not work due tot he new authentication method that Microsoft introduce for those sites. I then tried via the web connectors but the Office 365 SharePoint connector requires to authenticate with admin rights against the base URL which in big organizations where everyone is creating a site for different reasons it's just not possible due to the sensitivity of the data.

Has anyone found a way to autheticate/retrieve data without having admin access to all the sites? Maybe using the simple General Web Connector?

Many Thanks

Iulia

1 Reply
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

You should be able to read this data, only using Consent if you are an administrator:

Select a Prompt/consent level:

• Consent: Choose this option if you are an administrator.

• None: Choose this option if you are a user and your administrator has already consented on your behalf.

• select_account: Choose this to select which account to use. This will interrupt single sign-on. It provides a list of all the accounts either in session or any remembered account. Or you can choose a different account entirely.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Storage_Provider_Connectors_help/Content/Conne...

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.