Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikramdesikan
Contributor
Contributor

Parameterizing (rest api)S3 connection headers (Dev,test&prod)

I'm wondering if there is a way to parameterize the s3 header information in the load script, so when we migrate the qlik sense app from Dev-test-prod, we don't have to manually update the header to point to a different folder/file.

More details...

We have different folders in an S3 bucket that hold the dev,  test & prod files. As we migrate the app, I would like the folder names to change based on the environment the job is launched in rather than connect to the same folder/file in the load script.

Is there a concept(in qmc) of creating a data"source" in each of the environments so that we can maintain different connection details in each environment OR can we set least parameterize the header and pass the value based on where(environment) the refresh happens?

I just started on qlik about a month back, but have extensive experience with other bi tools. Please forgive my noob question.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi Vikramdesikan, 

REST connections can be parameterized in Qlik Sense reload script by using WITH CONNECTION keyword. Documentation at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/Connectors_REST/Load-R...

Vu Nguyen
If a post helps resolve your issue, please mark the answer as correct.