Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimB
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Path of Lib

Hello community,

is it possible to locate the path of a libary? I need the libraries combined with system paths. 

My goal is to read the system paths from a logfile in which libraries are used.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can query the repository database. The DataConnections table is stored in the public schema in the QSR database in the Postgresql instance your Qlik Sense installation uses.

SELECT D."Name", D."Connectionstring" FROM public."DataConnections" D
WHERE D."Type" = 'folder'

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you tell me what you mean with the path of a library? Is that the path of a folder connection definition? Or are you talking about file paths to code libraries like javascript files or dll files?

You can find the paths of folder connections if you edit the connections. You can also find them in the Data connections section of the QMC in the Connection string property of a data connection.

TimB
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

For example:

1. creat the lib „testconnection“ to the path c:\
  2. load Data with the lib

Data:

LOAD *

FROM [lib://Testconnection/Data.txt] (txt, codepage is 28591, no labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Now I need a way to transform the "lib://Testconnection" into c:\ without having to look into library manually.

For only this short example it is not an expense but if there are many libraries it is too much effort to look manual. I'm searching for a way to transform all existing libaries into the path of the system (c:\...).

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can query the repository database. The DataConnections table is stored in the public schema in the QSR database in the Postgresql instance your Qlik Sense installation uses.

SELECT D."Name", D."Connectionstring" FROM public."DataConnections" D
WHERE D."Type" = 'folder'