Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_wennstro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Possible to pass a variable into SAP SQL Connect string?

I'm using the SAP SQL connector (v7.0.3) to extract data from SAP to Qlik Sense (June 2020).

Now i would like to pass a variable content into the Connect string parameters (ie. Table name)

The parameter "BatchJobName" has default value "/QTQVC/READ_DATA". Thats what i would like to change to for example /QTQVC/VBPA to make it easier to monitor and troubleshoot.

I have tried adding like "/QTQVC/$(vTable)" and "'/QTQVC/'&'$(vTable)' into the connect string dialog box, both from QMC and from Data Load Editor , but no success.

2020-09-07_17-42-28.png

In QlikView it was just to write this in code, since the Connect-string was directly in the script like:

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QvSAPSqlConnector.exe;servertype=0;ASHOST=XXXX.com;CLIENT=x00;SYSNR=x0;Timeout=3600;SNC_MODE=false;SNC_QOP=9;advancedProperties=1;ConvRoutine=false;CheckSeparator=false;Nulldate=1;RemoveAllBlanks=false;ReplaceNullvalue=0;Trace=false;MixedMode=1;NulldateLegacy=1;FLTPLegacy=1;TIMSLegacy=1;DataTypeLegacyMode=false;PacketSize=20000;FetchBuffers=99999999;BufferPercentage=10;TimeOutBatch=600;TimeOutFetch=1200;TimeOutStartBatch=2400;BatchJobName=/QTQVC/$(vTable);SocketBufferSize=32768;XUserId=XX;XPassword=YY;";

Is there any other option to achieve this in Qlik Sense?

Labels (2)
0 Replies