Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzanneD
Contributor
Contributor

QVD file size limit - 50MB version 3.2 SR4

I am a new QlikSense user. I am using QlikSense 3.2 SR 4. I am trying to load a QVD into a new application in QlikSense and I am getting this error:  The size of 'FileName.qvd' exceeds the file size limit. File size 936.9MB, Size limit: 50MB.  Is there a way around this issue?

Labels (1)
7 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Why are you on Sense 3.2? Why havent your upgraded?
SuzanneD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

If we upgrade to a newer version, will this limitation still exist? Which version should we upgrade to?

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Have never seen this limit before. Except on cloud version
SuzanneD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I need to share the application with others so I believe it must stay on the cloud. I was wondering if there was a way around this limitation?

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Upgrading to Business Cloud (Paid )version

SuzanneD
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I think I was incorrect when I said that I had the cloud version. We have the enterprise version. It isn't part of QlikSense Cloud. I can't figure out how to connect to a file location. All I can do is upload the files by dragging them in. I think I want to connect to a file path. Is that possible?

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Use "Data Load Editor " instead "Quick Data Load". Create a connection to a path and use that