Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik OBCD Error: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

Hi, I have in error when I connect to table (other table from data base was ok).

I forwarded it to people from the data source following the example of this topic: link
In response, they asked me to prove that it was not a mistake on Qlik's part - how could I prove it?

Sebastian_Dec_0-1721224494557.png

My Qlik version is: May 2024 Patch 3 / qliksenserver 14.187.7

Sebastian_Dec_1-1721224537958.png

In a similar period to the error occurred, we upgraded Qlik from version 2022, but I doubt that upgrading the version caused the problem because we have several connections, a lot of tables and everything except this one works fine.

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Comparing the queries and the tables from the working ones against the failed one may give some valuable hints which fields/processing/data doesn't fit to the specified data-types. Further reducing the load to 1 / 3 / 10 / n fields and/or rows should be also return insights. Another approach could be to enable or to extend the logging of the driver and the data-base to get a more detailed error-message. 

View solution in original post

Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Similar topics with explanation:

Solved: CLOB conversion to varchar - Qlik Community - 1988276

Qlik Replicate Transformation: Source Lookup - CLO... - Qlik Community - 1987353

Fast fix:

Converting the data into shorter text helps:

SQL SELECT
CAST("DESCRIPTION" AS VARCHAR(1000)) AS "DESCRIPTION"
FROM "LC_MD_VIEW"."PL_PROMOTION";
Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Comparing the queries and the tables from the working ones against the failed one may give some valuable hints which fields/processing/data doesn't fit to the specified data-types. Further reducing the load to 1 / 3 / 10 / n fields and/or rows should be also return insights. Another approach could be to enable or to extend the logging of the driver and the data-base to get a more detailed error-message. 

Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thx @marcus_sommer , I did some tests according to your suggestion:

1. After commenting out the "DESCRIPTION" column, the table loads normally, so the error is in the "DESCRIPTION" column

LIB CONNECT TO 'Promocje_Prod';

PL_PROMOTION:
LOAD
ID as ID,
PROMOTION_NAME as [Nazwa promocji],
BEGIN_DATE as [Data początkowa],
END_DATE as [Data końcowa],
PROFIT_ID as ProfitId,
// DESCRIPTION as [Opis promocji],
PROMOTION_STATUS as [Status promocji],
ENTITY_DISTRIBUTION_STATUS as [Status dystrybucji],
SEGMENT_GUID as [Guid segmentu],
TAGS as [Tag lojalność];

[PL_PROMOTION]:
SELECT
"ID",
"PROMOTION_NAME",
"BEGIN_DATE",
"END_DATE",
"PROFIT_ID",
// "DESCRIPTION",
"PROMOTION_STATUS",
"ENTITY_DISTRIBUTION_STATUS",
"SEGMENT_GUID",
"TAGS"

Sebastian_Dec_1-1721309372796.png

2. any loading of the first lines results in errors:
SQL SELECT
"DESCRIPTION"
FROM "LC_MD_VIEW"."PL_PROMOTION"
WHERE ROWNUM <= 1;

The following error occurred:
Unable to get column information for the fields that are used in the query. Please make sure that SQL statement used produces a result set or use !EXECUTE_NON_SELECT_QUERY keyword.

The error occurred here:
SQL SELECT "DESCRIPTION" FROM "LC_MD_VIEW"."PL_PROMOTION" WHERE ROWNUM <= 1

3. Only converting the data into shorter text helps:

SQL SELECT
CAST("DESCRIPTION" AS VARCHAR(1000)) AS "DESCRIPTION"

Although none of the texts exceeds 1000 characters...

Sebastian_Dec_2-1721309468634.png

I'm still waiting for a response from the people who manage this database, but this data is very helpful

Thanks & Regards,
marcus_sommer

I think it hints for a driver-issue which couldn't handle the data-type of this field properly (maybe a newer sub-type as defined within the driver) and/or there may an issue with the specified/available char-set because there are various special-chars included. Struggling with the driver could be quite exhausting - therefore any kind of cast-statement within the query might be more practically.

Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author