Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenCa
Partner - Contributor III

Reload task Successful but data not updated

hello,

I have an app. If I run the database script and load script manually (I click the Load data button), data is updated from the database correctly.

For automatic update I set up a Task in Qlik Management Console. It's a reload task for that app. It runs once a day. Status is always Success.

The issue is that the data is never updated after the task runs. I always have to click the Load data button to get updated data.

Please, what could I check? What can be wrong?

Thank you

L.

22 Replies
rubenmarin

It's ProgramData, not ProgramFiles, ProgramData is a hidden folder usually in C:\

LenCa
Author

I checked the logs today and there is no log file for the task for the app that was scheduled in the morning and that says run with Success. 

What could I check now, please? Do you have any ideas? I'm new to Qlik.

Thank you.

rubenmarin

No much more. Trying to get some hints look if there is a log at the expected time but for another app, meaning that app it's reloaded at the time we expect to see your app.

Log is saved at the end of execution so it can be saved some minutes after or before the expected time.

You can also open a support case with Qlik, if not solved by message you can open a webex or similar so they can take a look at the server.

LenCa
Author

I waited for 15 minutes and there was nothing, just one completely different task which was scheduled for later time than the one that I was watching.

Thank you for trying to help. I think I will have to open a support case. How can I do that, please?

Thank you.

rubenmarin

In https://qliksupport.force.com/

Login at upper right corner and options to Submit a case should be shown.

case.JPG

LenCa
Author

I appreciate your help, thank you!

qliker2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi LenCa,

any updates on this topic? We are facing a similar problem.

rubenmarin

Hi @qliker2, just to add that if this is a scheduled task the log can be found at shared folder, in the ArchivedLogs folder. Also review other answers given to this thread to check whats happening, usually 2 options: there was an error in the reload and the app was not update; the source files of the app where not updated, so the same data was loaded.

qliker2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @rubenmarin , thanks for your prompt answer! We are using reload tasks for many apps and the auto refresh of the screen works fine. But we have 2 apps, where the screen is not updated, even if the reload task is successful and the app-file is updated. They are only updated by manually refreshing the browser.

rubenmarin

Haven't found this isuue by myself. Can you double check that it is really the same app that has been updated? Maybe the app accessed by the user has another id, meaning it is in another stream than the one that has the scheduled reload.