Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reload time of S3 Bucket Table

Hello, I have a variable that has the path to a s3 bucket table and I am able to get all the data from it.

My problem is that when I try to do the filetime of the Variable, to get the date of the last reload, I don't have an output.

Thank you in advance!

6 Replies
rabbani_sk
Contributor III
Contributor III

HI Qlik Experts, 

Did any one tried to solve the above query, i have same question and not able to find the solution so far. 

Thanks in advance!

regards,

Rabbani Shaik

anuragprasad
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

You can try to get a list of all the objects present in a bucket. The list contains the last modified time(in UTC).

If you use the Qlik AWS connector, there is a method present to fetch the list of objects in a bucket. If you are not using Qlik connector but directly calling the public URL, you can look up AWS S3 documentation to fetch the object list.

Now for the last reload time, you can declare a variable at the start of script for storing the reload time of qlik document:

LET vLastReload = ReloadTime();

//Script to fetch the S3 bucket table

rabbani_sk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Anuragprasad,

Thanks for writing, here in my case, I am able to load the S3 bucket table in to Qlik Sense .

I am trying to use FileTime() function to fetch the Last modified time of a source file present in AWS S3 bucket.

I am able to see the outcomes for FileSize(), FilePath(),FileName() for an S3 bucket table, but FileTime() function throwing null values. 

actually i am not looking for ReloadTime() , i am trying to fetch the Last modified date of a bucket file. 

For example, the Last Modified time is in the below format on AWS S3 bucket Source,

"December 23, 2020 , 18:30 (UTC+5:30)"

Please help!

anuragprasad
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, 

Can you please advise if you are using Qlik web connectors? Is the S3 bucket URL private or accessible publicly?

anuragprasad
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

You can get a list of objects by going to [bucket name].s3.amazonaws.com or  s3.amazonaws.com/[bucket name].

The data returned is in XML which can be read in Qlikview easily. It contains the last modified timestamp for all the objects in the bucket. Please see the example image attached below

rabbani_sk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for writing. I believe, its a private S3 bucket URL. Let me try working on the below solution  and then i will get back to you. Thanks a lot for your precious time👍