cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Replacing Qlik Inbuilt Mongo DB Connector over Qlik Mongo DB Web Connector

We were using Qlik Mongo DB web connector but we have got to know that Qlik has introduced Qlik MongoDB_(Beta) inbuilt connector, so we are trying to replace web connector mongo db connector by Qlik inbuilt MongoDB_(Beta) connector. 

Its an production environment so we don't take any risk, so we are looking all aspects to use Qlik inbuilt mongo db connector. 

We are expecting Qlik inbuilt mongo db connector work as wen connector mongo db connector. 

data is extracting but as beta is written with mongo db connector name so we are in confusion over its reliability. 

I used same credentials which we are using in web connector mongo db and data is extracted.

6 Replies
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello Rohit,

If you wish to use the Beta Connector in production, then it is important to understand the following:
1. Use of this software is governed solely by the early release license terms. The terms of any other agreement between you and Qlik for other software, products, or services are not applicable to beta connectors.
2. Qlik support may not be able to assist you with all issues for these connectors beyond a best-effort basis.

So if your concern is reliability and supportability, a beta connector may not be the best option.

I'd recommend the MongoDB ODBC drivers for your MongoDB version and configuring a System DSN, then having Qlik use that connection.
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hey Jay,

Does MongoDB ODBC connector is free ? if yes can you suggest any site from where I can download and test it ?

Regards,
Rohit
shemeel
Contributor
Contributor

You can use Mongo BI Connector http://docs.mongodb.com/bi-connector/master/

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Can you please guide me how to run this connect as service ?

shemeel
Contributor
Contributor

This is mentioned in the article itself. I went  through the article along with DBA and we were able to set this up in an hour 

http://docs.mongodb.com/bi-connector/master/launch/#launching-mongosqld 

To install and run mongosqld as a system service, run the following commands:

"C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Connector for BI\2.4\bin\mongosqld.exe" install --config "<pathToConfigFile>\mongosqld.conf"

net start mongosql

Once started as a service use ODBC driver from 

https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-odbc-driver/releases/ 

You can change the port in config file if it is being used by any other process

you can leave the host in ODBC blank or use localhost ( This is assuming you are using same machine for BI connector, or you may have to update binding IP in the config file as well) 

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The BI Connector is part of the Enterprise version.  We can use the BI Connector as an evaluation. Details are in the LICENSE file when you install the BI Connector. When we download we receive a mail like below
As a reminder, the MongoDB Connector for BI is free for evaluation. It is available as part of the MongoDB Enterprise Advanced subscription, which includes MongoDB Enterprise Server, comprehensive management platforms, enterprise-grade support,