Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrts
Contributor
Contributor

SNOW connection: "Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: }"

Hi experts,

I'm trying to set up connection to SNOW. I started with REST connection, used default parameters, basic authentification and additional Pagination parameters:

• Pagination type: Offset
  • 'Start' parameter name: sysparm_offset
  • Start' initial value: 0
  • Count' parameter name: sysparm_limit
  • Count' initial value: 10000
  • 'Total records' path: X-Total-Count

As a test I'm trying to load single column from incident_sla table, and I can see values there in preview mode:

mrts_1-1659950952489.png

But when I run data reload, I'm starting to get an error similar to the one below:

mrts_0-1659950551953.png

Each time I run reload I get different numbers of 'result [xxxx]' and 'position xxxxxxx' numbers.

Any thoughts of how this can be fixed?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
2 Replies
dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

I am having the same issue.  Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Dan

mrts
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey Dan,

Unfortunately I didn't find solution for connection from Qlik.

Couple of findings that I got after last time:

• I tried to connect to SNOW from Power BI, using WEB connector (same connection string and credentials) - and got same error that I had in Qlik Sense, so looks like it may be some general issue on SNOW side.
  • We have some working connection in a company from Power BI, so I asked our devops to show me what I should update there, but they said did everything exactly same as I did.
  • For same Power BI I imported existing connection. Strange thing that it was not stable: it failed when I tried to refresh it at 5PM, but successfully works on a schedule at 11:30 PM.

I was thinking to maybe check Qlik connection at night time, (similar to Power BI), maybe there are some internal SNOW processes that do not allow to set up connection.

Let me know if you find any solution there

Cheers!