Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniela_reinhar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

SQL server connection with windows integrated security vs user/password

Hello!

I have a question for clarification. 

If I create a new SQL DB connection with windows integrated security. 

Which account is taken for the authentication? The Qlik Sense service account or the account which has created the connection?

Does the QS service account have to be in the SQL DB?

If you are using user/password and not windows integrated security, do you still need to have the QS service account registered in the SQL server?

Sorry for that simple question, but I didn't find an answer by searching the help pages or using google. 

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

Which account is taken for the authentication? The Qlik Sense service account or the account which has created the connection?

• Qlik Sense service account which is running the Qlik Sense Service

• Yes

If you are using a user/password and not windows integrated security, do you still need to have the QS service account registered in the SQL server?

• Yes

The requirements are mentioned here: OLE DB data connection settings 

Similar Community Blog: Windows integrated security is not working for SQL Server 

Rakesh HB

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

quickest is to just try it in your environment.

For mine, yes, the Qlik Sense service account (an AD account) is required to be granted the SQL Server DB access.

In Qlik Sense data connection, I use OLE DB connection and specify Windows Integrated Security option. no user name or password required.

However, if you are using SQL Server Login accounts, you will need to use the same set of credential to connect in Qlik data connection.
Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

• Qlik Sense service account which is running the Qlik Sense Service

• Yes

If you are using a user/password and not windows integrated security, do you still need to have the QS service account registered in the SQL server?

• Yes

The requirements are mentioned here: OLE DB data connection settings 

Similar Community Blog: Windows integrated security is not working for SQL Server 

Rakesh HB