Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balucherry03
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sales force connector - Connection fail

Hi All,

We are trying to configure the salesforce connector in Qliksense server to get the data from salesforce but connection is keep failing with error "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

So do we have to do any special setup/steps to connect via QlikSense server?

Really apreciate any Help.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @Balucherry03 

Would you telnet the Server IP Address and port from Qlik Sense and SFDC Server and vice versa,

• Open command prompt as an Administrator, run the telnet command mentioned below:
    telnet ipaddress port
  • For example, you need to use SFDC port number as I am using generic port 443:
    telnet 10.x.x.x 443

Kindly please set the permission levels from SFDC, also verify there is any Software/Hardware firewall causing the TLS handshake issue. Sometimes ping and telnet may be successful but the message exchange may fail due to Antivirus/Firewall/Network issue.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Balucherry03
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your information, The issue is solved. there is network issue the Security Team blocked the internet access for my test environment that we can not connect to Qlik License server on internet, because of license expired on test server and i used my Dev environment then its working fine now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @Balucherry03 , 

This sounds like SalesForce (SFDC) permissions have not been configured.  These are typically blocked by the SFDC Administration team at your organization.  An example of how to configure this can be found here:
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.c360_a_setting_user_permissions_to_connect_external_...

Most data connection users/admins do not have access to change this so you would need to reach out to your SFDC admins.

Let me know if this gives you the info you need to move forward, thank you!

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @Balucherry03 

Would you telnet the Server IP Address and port from Qlik Sense and SFDC Server and vice versa,

• Open command prompt as an Administrator, run the telnet command mentioned below:
    telnet ipaddress port
  • For example, you need to use SFDC port number as I am using generic port 443:
    telnet 10.x.x.x 443

Kindly please set the permission levels from SFDC, also verify there is any Software/Hardware firewall causing the TLS handshake issue. Sometimes ping and telnet may be successful but the message exchange may fail due to Antivirus/Firewall/Network issue.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Balucherry03
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Padma Priya,

Thanks for your information, The issue is solved. there is network issue the Security Team blocked the internet access for that we can not connect to Qlik License server on internet, because of license expired on test server and i used my Dev environment then its working fine now.

Balucherry03
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your information, The issue is solved. there is network issue the Security Team blocked the internet access for my test environment that we can not connect to Qlik License server on internet, because of license expired on test server and i used my Dev environment then its working fine now.