Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sept 2017 Release - SQL statements failing

After upgrading from June 2017 to September 2017, some of my SQL statements are failing. Running against Sql Server, I can see via the Profiler that too much of the script is being sent over the wire. That is, instead of just sending the sql up to the semicolon in the script, it includes script statements that follow the semicolon.

The scripts have not changed and were working fine until the Sept 2017 upgrade. Anyone seem similar behavior?

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies
tcarolus
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Maybe it has something to do with the use of double quotes. I've not experienced it myself (yet), but a colleague of mine did.

In previous versions of Qlik Sense the following statement worked like a charm:

Test:

LOAD field

;

SQL SELECT field

FROM Data.Pub."AA-01"

;

But he had to change it to FROM "Data"."Pub"."AA-01" ; for it to work properly after upgrading to the September version.

Maybe this works for you too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the info Tamara. My situation is a bit different in that it's specific to calling a stored procedure. This is using a Sql Server OLE DB connection.

Here's a simple script to duplicate:

script.png

That's the entire script.

When I run that, I get an error message in Qlik

Connector reply error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: Incorrect syntax near '/'.

I can see via Sql Server Profiler that what's being sent includes more than my script:

Profiler.png

Interestingly, if I change @Param1 = N'18', things work fine:

Profiler2.png

Of course since that stored procedure does not exist, there's an error about that, but that's to be expected. The point is what is being sent to sql server is not always correct in that it includes too much of the Qlik script. This was working fine before the Sept 17 upgrade.

Regards,

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In case anyone else runs into this, it's been confirmed as a bug introduced in the Sept. 17 release. Specifically it deals with using the N prefix with string literals.

The workaround is to put "///$bnf off" (without the quotes) at the top of the script as described in the June 2017 release notes.