Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therealdees
Creator III
Creator III

Table doesn't save number format

Hi,

I have a script where I format some numbers before saving the table into a .qvd. When debugging the script and looking at the table in the data model, the formatting is correct, but after saving the table it doesn't match.

The original table contains raw data that is displayed as e.g 10.99000. I format the number using Num(price, '###0.00') (not sure if it's the correct, but it display exactly what I need, I just tweaked it until I got it right)

The output is 10.99. When I open the .qvd the price is saved just like the original raw data table: 10.99000

Any ideas?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
therealdees
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I found a post that gave me an insight. Num() function treats the field as a dual value, so saving it with the same name will persist the original formatting.

I managed to fix my problem by saving it as a new field, dropping the old one and renaming the new field to the previous name: price as price_new > rename price_new to price.

Thanks for your help though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try

Num(Num#("10.99000", '#,##0.00000'), '#,##0.00')

therealdees
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it didn't work...

I've been tweaking it around trying to make it work and I noticed something really strange.

If I format the field with:

Num(price, '#,00') as price

...nothing happens. The value is not formatted at all. But if I save the field with a different name, lets say:

Num(price, '#,00') as price_new

It works as expected!!

What is going on? Is this a bug?

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ensure that there are no other fields in your data model with the same name as "price."

Provide the script and sample data for a clearer understanding.

therealdees
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I found a post that gave me an insight. Num() function treats the field as a dual value, so saving it with the same name will persist the original formatting.

I managed to fix my problem by saving it as a new field, dropping the old one and renaming the new field to the previous name: price as price_new > rename price_new to price.

Thanks for your help though.