Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating Data from Google Sheets?

I'm relatively new to qlik sense, but am trying to use it for a project. I am trying to connect to a simple google sheets document with a list of names and email addresses, and took the following steps:

-Created new App

-Navigated to "Data Manager" and added data using web file, inputted url and named the data source

-Created new sheet using fields from said data source

This works great, but now I am adding more names and emails to my google sheet. When I hit "load data," I was expecting qlik cloud to grab the new version of my sheet, but it doesn't seem to do this.

Ideally I'd like to be able to schedule automatic refreshes, but for now even the ability to manually refresh is sufficient. How can I get the updated data into Qlik Cloud?

Thanks for any help!

1 Reply
greg_long
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Alexander - I've had similar issues to you where the Qlik Sense web file connector does not bring in all rows of the google sheet.  The only way I've been able to get around this is as follows:

1. In the google sheet go to File > Publish to the web (this may be an issue if you don't want you're data to be seen)
  2. Use "Link" (not "Embed") and choose the sheet to publish
  3. Choose "Comma Separated Values" as the publish type
  4. Choose the "Publish" button.
  5. A URL will appear as follows:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/[..SpecificString...]/pub?gid=7&single=true&output=csv
  6. Use this URL in your web file data connection.

Again - I'm unsure if this works for a restricted google sheet.  The sheet I use allows editing with the link.

This method also works with Qlik Sense Cloud.  You can upload your Qlik Sense qvf file into Qlik Sense Cloud.

Hope this works for you

Greg