Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use second row as header and delete first row

Hi,

I  have been searching a lot on the forum and tried (to combine) several answers.

I am linking an url to a web application and retrieve information (see screenshot below). Everything is fine, but after retrieving data the column headers (Aangemaakt, Recruiter) etc. are also imported as data.

data load.png

I want to not import the "Paginagrootte Tonen" etc. and tried things like header =1, etc. but didn't get it working.

I now use:

LOAD

@1,

@2,

@3,

@4,

@5,

@6,

@7,

@8,

@9

FROM [lib://Applicants]

(html, codepage is 1252, no labels, header is 2, table is @6)

WHERE RecNo () <>1;

gives:

Result 1.png

Does anyone know the answer?

5 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Using your HTML I tried with a table in one of our HTML Pages and found you could alias your header names in the load script e.g

@!1 AS "Aangemaakt",

@!2 AS "Recruiter"

and use your exclude rowno 1 to get a clean table.  How to get at paginated data in a table now that would be interesting.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andy,

This helps indeed, the only thing is that I manually have to create the AS "Aangemaakt", etc, while it is already in the loaded data .

If this could be automated by some code, then this would save me a lot of (future) work, off course for only 7 columns this is fine.

reg. Henke

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Like you say its a one time issue on setup of your script.

I think the issue they will have is HTML Table headers can contain a lot stuff not needed for the import.

Mine for example cam through as

[',25,document.getElementById('joblistgriduserhiddenfields').value,''); " class="tableheader"> CRM No] AS "CRM#",

So tricky to automate for each site will be coded different.

Please mark any replies that have been helpful/correct for other users of the community to follow.

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

I will be using the URL's a lot and they will all be containing the same data as in the example. If someone would know the answer I would be very much ablied.

ffd
Employee
Employee

Hi henkewillemsen‌! I came across the same situation and extended your initial solution a bit, combining it with a suggestion from Creating a Table of all Field Names. This way you don't have to create the aliases manually.

My approach looks like this:

//load the table from the web page, except the unwanted first row

tmpTable:

LOAD

FROM [lib://web_page_connector]

(html, utf8, no labels , table is @1)

where RecNo()>1;

//iterate over values in the first loaded row (=the source table second row that contains
//the field names I want) to build a mapping table

for f = 1 to NoOfFields('tmpTable')

let vDisplay = FieldValue('@'&$(f),1);

mapNames:

mapping load * inline [

TmpField,Display

"@$(f)",$(vDisplay)

];

next f

//rename the nameless fields using the mapping table

Rename Fields using mapNames;

//prune the no longer needed first row from the table

NoConcatenate // needed to avoid this load to collapse into the already loaded table

BaseTable:

load * resident tmpTable where RecNo()>1; //prune first row, now used as field names

Drop Table tmpTable;