Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaz
Contributor
Contributor

About which PostgreSQL versions are supported by Qlik sense "April 2020" on AWS RDS.

Our team are currently using "April 2020" version of Qlik Sense Enterprise on AWS EC2 and also using two  9.6.x versions of PostgreSQL on AWS RDS, one for logging and one for the repository.

Now we have to upgrade to a higher version than 9.6 due to AWS RDS PostgreSQL support expiring and the list below is a list of upgradeable versions as AWS RDS.

PostgreSQL 13.3"
PostgreSQL 12.7
PostgreSQL 11.12"
PostgreSQL 10.18
PostgreSQL 10.17"

We don't have the time to carefully upgrade Qlik Sense itself, so if possible, we would like to keep the current version and only upgrade the database.

I've already checked the link below

https://help.qlik.com/ja-JP/sense-admin/April2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Deplo...

and there didn't seem to be a version that would fit but I would like to confirm that.

Is there any versions of the DB that we can choose?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@kaz

QlikSense April 2020 only supports the versions listed in the system requirements

PostgreSQL 9.6.x (included in the installer), 11.x (not included in the installer)

Later versions of QlikSense (starting with February 2020) supports PostgreSQL 12.x 

View solution in original post

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@kaz 

It should be 11.x not 11.5. I will look into why the Japanese version says otherwise. Thank you for pointing that out

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@kaz

QlikSense April 2020 only supports the versions listed in the system requirements

PostgreSQL 9.6.x (included in the installer), 11.x (not included in the installer)

Later versions of QlikSense (starting with February 2020) supports PostgreSQL 12.x 

kaz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Maria_Halley

Thank you for your quick answer.

Is it possible to use “PostgreSQL 11.12"?

I asked this question because the Japanese explanation says that 11.5.x can be used.

kaz_1-1637540714090.png
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@kaz 

It should be 11.x not 11.5. I will look into why the Japanese version says otherwise. Thank you for pointing that out

kaz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Maria_Halley

Thank you for your answer.

That information will help us a lot.