Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

App level Access in Qliksense but issue in app object access

Hello Community,

I am trying to achieve App level access in qliksense.

I have used Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management this video which worked perfectly for restricting App in a stream.

But I am facing issue with Sheets after changing default Stream Rule and creating new rules.

Is there anything I need to change for Sheets or App Objects?

lakshmikandh

korsikov

rohitkumar1609

Please suggest.

24 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III
Author

I haven't tried Sheet level Section access.. Will try it and paste steps here..

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Thanks.

I was able to do Stream & App but Sheet/Objects/Stories is bit complicated and any help would be appreciated.

Or if there is a default rule for all stream/apps where a user should not see the app unless they have read access in a stream.

suhasinigm
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Sir,

I am trying to achieve App Level Security, used the rule as below

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or (resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read")).

After applying this rule,not able to see the Sheets.

Can you please suggest me the correct one.

Vinothkumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shraddha,

I too have the same scenario.

I have many stream and many apps. In Stream 1 i have App1 and App2. I want to restrict the access for these apps using the AD groups

1. I created a Custom Property AppLevelMgmt for the resource Apps and assigned the values (AD Group1 & AD Group2)

2. Created a Sucurity Rule for the resource App_* and the condition is given below.

((user.group=resource.@AppLevelMgmt))

3. I disabled the default rule "Stream"

4. I created a new rule  instead of the default rule Stream for the resource filter App_* and the condition is given below.

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

5. I assigned the custom property value AD Group1 to App1 and AD Group2 to App2

When i check the hub, apps are restricted but the sheets are not visible. The same is affecting other streams too. I mean in all the other applications too, sheets are not visible.

What am i missing here?

Could you please post your solution step by step here to rectify my issue.

Regards,

Vinoth

Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins
Contributor III
Contributor III

For anyone who is still having issues with this, please make sure the two security rules that manage the app access are both for App* and NOT App_*. 

This will ensure the user has access to all app content and not just the app. 

I hope this helps.