Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Are "My work" apps loaded in server's memory ?

Hi,

some of the apps are published in streams.

Is use to duplicate them so as to be able to modify them. Then they appear in "my work" stream.

Are the apps in such "my work" streams loaded in server's memory ? Only when the user is accessing them ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

If something is in RAM and has not been used for a fair while and something else needs the RAM then it will be kicked out of RAM and replaced by the new thing.

I would not be concerned about about having a fair few apps in the Work stream.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

When anything is accessed by user then its data is loaded into memory and any selection results cached.

But Qlik has a setting for max % RAM Qlik can use and when this is reached things are released from RAM on a last used algorithm.  [Can't remember what the default value is for this, but it is sensible and stated in the online manual somewhere].

oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for your answer.

As soon as an app is opened, it is loaded in memory. I would like to know how long it remains in memory. Especially for "my works" apps.

My works apps should remain in memory only during the time user access it.

"Real" streams apps may remain in memory all the time.

What I aim to know is if I have to avoid having a lot of apps in my work stream (for all users) in order to preserve server performance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If something is in RAM and has not been used for a fair while and something else needs the RAM then it will be kicked out of RAM and replaced by the new thing.

I would not be concerned about about having a fair few apps in the Work stream.

oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks a lot four your answers