Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III

Backup/Export Qlik Sense Apps - in batch

How can one Backup/Export Qlik Sense Apps - in batch?

I know it's possible to export an app as qvf file, but that's not really helpful when there are tens of apps.

I saw on the forum similar questions, many not answered, or given some alternative solutions, but not really a straight forward solution. Maybe it isn't a straight forward solution, but that's strange coming from such highly ranked software (Qlik Sense).

6 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Do you want the exported copies to contain the user created content on published applications?

adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm also looking for such a backup solution for 2 years now, very hard to believe that such function doesn't exist.

Here's the scenario:

- I have 100 apps, 90 published and 10 unpublished.

- An app gets corrupted.

- I want to recover the app from a backup I made 5 days ago.

The question is:

How to backup all my 100 apps every 5 days, in batch?

frederic_maufro
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue

I haven't tested yet, but I thought maybe trying to find the QVF in the file system of the serveur and make the copy from there instead of trying to get an extract by downloading from the server

I was planning on investing this later this month.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I'm also looking for such a backup solution for 2 years now, very hard to believe that such function doesn't exist.

Here's the scenario:

- I have 100 apps, 90 published and 10 unpublished.

- An app gets corrupted.

- I want to recover the app from a backup I made 5 days ago.

Then for full functionality you will need to restore the .TAR of the database and the binaries from that point in time: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploymen...

The question is:

How to backup all my 100 apps every 5 days, in batch?

Depends on what build you are on, but if you're on Qlik Sense September 2017 or higher: 2018 02 07 QlikSenseUtility RSM - YouTube does a full backup.

There are many approaches here ranging from snapshotting the VM to a fully customized scripted solution.

adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I posted a question which helped me with that. And I made a short guide in the last comment (maybe it helps u too)

Re: Qlik Sense - Batch Backup APPs (qvf)

adlisval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Levi. It still seems a complicated operation for such a simple and common task.

I made a short guide as a comment to a post that helped me: Re: Qlik Sense - Batch Backup APPs (qvf)