Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Cant uninstall patch Qliksense Enterprise - stops recovery

Im caught in a catch-22.

Im not able to uninstall patch (may2022sr4) since its not recognize that Qliksense may2022 is installed. This due that a upgrade may2022->may2023 failed, and the rollback wasnt complete.

Since im not able to uninstall the patch, im not able to remove/repair Qlik and hence cant restore.

I have tried to change the foldername C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ , however, the patch dont recognize that Qlik is installed so patch removal fail.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Unable-to-uninstall-Qlik-Sense-Patches/ta-p/...

I have tried to manually go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\, and find the patch, however, uninstall is not an option when right click, probably but it doesnt recognize that Qlik is installed. Even if it was, patch uninstallation would fail since it doesnt recognize Qlik being installed.

This is really a catch 22 situation & stops me from doing a recover, hence I have serious problems.

Any help or idea is very much appreciated,

thanks in advance

br

Paul

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hej @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

In article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Unable-to-uninstall-Qlik-Sense-Patches/ta-p/...

it specifies on step 4 - "proceed with uninstall the old patch." This was not possible in my case. However, i was able to remove it from the list of installed patches.

There is a difference of removing something from a list and actually performing a uninstall. I suggest to update the article to cover these scenarios as well,

have a great day,

br

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi Paul, Can you install patch 5 or higher and then try to uninstall it?

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hej @Alan_Slaughter 

unfortunately no:

2024-03-08 22:12:30 - No command provided.
2024-03-08 22:12:30 - Launch operation: Ui
2024-03-08 22:12:30 - Start services: False
2024-03-08 22:12:30 - Initialized install runner
2024-03-08 22:12:30 - This will update Qlik Sense from Qlik Sense May 2022 version 14.67.7 to Qlik Sense May 2022 Patch 5 version 14.67.15
2024-03-08 22:12:30 - Files to be removed/updated: 1377
2024-03-08 22:12:30 - Update failed: Ensure that Qlik Sense May 2022 is installed before you install Qlik Sense May 2022 Patch 5.

This is a serious problem since this stops me from doing a recover. Do you have any other idea?

thanks in advance

br

Paul

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @pauljohansson 

As I see you have posted on this article (Unable to uninstall Qlik Sense Patches) Have you gone through the steps documented in this article? They cover a solution to your question. 

If so, please provide details on where the steps failed.

All the best,
Sonja 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hej @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

In article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Unable-to-uninstall-Qlik-Sense-Patches/ta-p/...

it specifies on step 4 - "proceed with uninstall the old patch." This was not possible in my case. However, i was able to remove it from the list of installed patches.

There is a difference of removing something from a list and actually performing a uninstall. I suggest to update the article to cover these scenarios as well,

have a great day,

br

Paul