Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iacovosk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Change users' Active Directory license allocation

Hi,

We are moving our users to a new domain (let's call it AD 'B') and this is a process that will take time and not all users will be migrated at the same time.

License types: Professional and Analyser

Ideally, we want to find a way to change the 'User Directory' a user is identified in the license allocation to the new domain (AD 'B'), until we move all the users from AD 'A' to AD 'B' and change the sychronisation to the new domain.

Deallocating and allocating new licenses is a no go because we do not have the license capacity to keep quarantined professional/analyser licenses for 7 days.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @iacovosk ,

Thanks for posting.

I would strongly recommend using a Signed License Key (SLK) as the (SLK) does NOT  have quarantine when deallocating and allocating users.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Professional-Analyzer-access-allocations-No-...

If you are still using the old model, serial and control number, then I would recommend contacting your Qlik representative to either get a SLK or a temporary license if possible to make  the Active directive move if for any reason the SLK is not yet an option.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @iacovosk ,

Thanks for posting.

I would strongly recommend using a Signed License Key (SLK) as the (SLK) does NOT  have quarantine when deallocating and allocating users.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Professional-Analyzer-access-allocations-No-...

If you are still using the old model, serial and control number, then I would recommend contacting your Qlik representative to either get a SLK or a temporary license if possible to make  the Active directive move if for any reason the SLK is not yet an option.

Cheers,

Albert

iacovosk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Albert.

How can we get this SLK? We are under a network of firms that use a global agreement/contract with Qlik Tech. 

Albert_Candelario

Hello @iacovosk,

Your Qlik representative should be able to assist you with this topic.

In case you are unsure who that individual is, please use our Chat, by clicking Contact Support on any Support Page across Qlik Community.

Albert_Candelario_0-1683649294182.png

Our engineers will be happy to help you with to point you into the right direction.

Cheers,

Albert