Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celia_hy
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Choose to assign perpetual or subscription license in QMC

Hi all,

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows

Got some questions on the technical side of license assignment in QMC, which I tried my best to search for related posts in the community but still no luck.

So the scenario is that the current license model of a client is perpetual token-based license, and recently they wanted to purchase additional licenses for more users.
Since perpetual license sales is no longer available, so the new licenses should be in subscription, which results in a mixed site licensing. (if I get the name correctly)

The technical concern is that, is there any way in QMC, we can choose to assign perpetual or subscription license to users?

If it is possible to do so, then we can just assign subscription licenses to non-frequent users. So the impact on reducing no. of licenses can be limited when client does not want to continue the subscription in the future.

Appreciate the help from the experts 🙂

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@celia_hy

You can only have one site license. So will not get an "add-on" but a full license.

All users will have to use professional/analyzer and not tokenes. 

celia_hy
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

@Maria_Halley 

Thanks for the reply, and maybe I did not explain the scenario clearly so let me provide further details.

I understand that after adding no. of user licenses through subscription, there will be no more tokens but just professional/ analyzer in assigning licenses to users.

So for example,

• Token part (Perpetual) is converted to 20 Professional & 30 Analyzer
  • New license part (Subscription) is 10 Professional & 20 Analyzer
  • In total, 30 Professional & 50 Analyzer

And our concern is that, when we assign the license to a user (e.g. Professional), is it possible for us to choose to assign the Perpetual one instead of the Subscription one in the QMC?

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@celia_hy 

I'm sorry, but I am not sure I understand. When you apply the new license there are only the "subscription" licenses. 

Maybe you can explain what your "end goal" is, it would make it easier to understand and maybe we can find an alterative way you can accomplish it.

shienya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Maria, 

Is there a mix site in Qlik sense?

Whether we can have perpetual and subscription license in one server?

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@shienya 

You can only have one license per server. 

shienya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I see, thanks.