Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connection problem from outside the server to Qlik Sense Hub 2.0

Hello Qlik Community,

I am having some troubles when trying to connect to Qlik Sense (2.0) from an external computer. I have configured the Qlik Sense Hub and Qlik Management Console in a server, and from this server I can open and browse between my apps. But when I try to connect to this server (by typing the url https://myServerIP/hub/my/work in my web browser), it returns an authentication error. It does not even request a username and pass, it just fails. It looks like this system is trying to connect using the windows authentication.

Do I have to create a new user and give any permissions or security rules so I can use it to access my system?

I have also tried to create a user in the QMC. If I got it right, I have to create a User Directory Connection and the system will retrieve the information of the users included in it. I tried to create a UDC with the type "ODBC" to connect with a SQL Server Database, I configured properly my connection string (it does not give any connection error), but it says "Error when validating tables: One or more of the expected tables are not present". I really made sure the two tables exist, but it seems it cannot recognize them.

I do not know if there is any configuration guide or any documentation apart from Installation Guide and Managing a Qlik Sense Site guide (which I have already checked) where I can search for more information...

Please if you need more details about anything, just tell me and I will answer as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Ángel Gallego

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you may have to open these ports in the firewall, in order to work against the proxy:

443, 4244, 4245, 4246 and 4247

However, the ports are slightly different if you use http.

More info here: Ports