Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJaaay
Contributor
Contributor

Data export: keep temporary files

Hello everyone,

To keep track of all the exports carried out by users, I want to access and keep a copy of all the exported files (Image, PDF, XLSX). We want to monitor the size of the files and check whether they contain sensitive data.
Currently, these files are stored temporarily in the C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\TempContent\ folder and are deleted after a few minutes.

Following this post, I wanted to activate this new parameter to increase the storage time.

But I'm having two problems:

1) When exporting data, if the user checks the "Formatting Table" box, no file is temporarily generated. Only image, PDF and data exports without formatting table generate a file. How do I retrieve these exports?

2) I also wanted to add a parameter to increase the storage time for temporary files. I therefore added the following parameter: "ExportDataTempContentExpireSeconds=777600".
Unfortunately, when I export data without checking "Formatting Table", I get the error message "Export failed: The request is invalid". For other exports, no problem.

We are currently using the August 2023 Patch 2 version.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @DJaaay 

Please start a support case if you have not already done so.

Kind regards

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
DJaaay
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello everyone,

After various searches, here is the result:
- For the parameter, you must not exceed one day and therefore 86400 for the parameter to work.
- For saving the file when you check data formatting, the function used by Qlik is different and causes a direct download. The only way would be to block this functionality. A similar topic has been opened here: link