Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anubhavv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Deallocation of Qlik Sense License

Hello,

I am stuck with a problem, Hope someone can help in sorting this.

We have a User directory connected to our QS environment and it has an attribute "Licensetype" in it. We also have a license rule set up to allocate the license. The rule is ((user.licensetype="Professional")) which automatically allocates the license.

The issue is when we remove the user from the user directory it reflects as an externally removed user in the Qlik user list but the license is still allocated to him and we have to manually deallocate the license.

Is there any way to automatically do this by amending the rules.?

My understanding is that the process flow is like User Directory -> Qlik User List ->professional access rules -> License allocated. Is there a frequency known on which the License rules are evaluated, like is it daily or depend on the user directory task.?  I am thinking of amending the license rule to ((user.licensetype="Professional") and (user.removedExternally='True')) so that users which are removed are not allocated license on next evaluation. Anyone who has tried this approach? 

Labels (1)
11 Replies
hjampani2019
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Levi, 

I am trying to achieve the following objective.  If a User who is falling in Professional and Analyzer licensing would like to deallocate the user license.  Could you suggest me the place where I can more explore on to implement such script.  

Thanks 

Hari

hjampani2019
Contributor
Contributor

I want to deallocate Analyzer license for the user.