Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User93
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error while restoring Qlik Sense site

Hi all,

I need help on a Qlik Sense migration I am doing.

Since we use the May 22 version, I use this documentation : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

Everything went well until I got to the restoration part : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

When I used this command : pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -d QSR "c:\QSR_backup.tar", I got the following error message :
pg_restore: while PROCESSING TOC
pg_restore: from TOC entry 3; 2615 2200 SCHEMA public postgres
pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR: schema "public" already exists
Command was: CREATE SCHEMA public;

pg_restore: error: could not find header for file "3735.dat" in tar archive

I tried the commands of the documentation :
dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres QSR
createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0 QSR

But when I ran the restore command again I got the same error message.

Is there something else I can try to solve this ?

Best regards.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
User93
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Fixing the _deletedentitylog table (empty, recreate) before recreating the backup files worked well, and we succeeded with the restore part.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

User93
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer.

The link you gave clearly explains that we can ignore the first error, and after a few tests, it seems our problem is indeed with the second error :

pg_restore: error: could not find header for file "3735.dat" in tar archive

Apparently, the problem comes from our backup file QSR_backup.tar

Even if we deactivated the Qlik Servives (except the one for the repository database), we encountered this error when creating the file :

pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table ”_deletedentitylog”: PQgetResultQ failed.

pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: invalid page in block 246294 of relation base/16384/16633

pg_dump: The command was: COPY public._deletedentitylog (entityid, entitytype, deletedbyuser, deleteddate, info) TO stdout;

Is there something we can test about it ?

Best regards.

User93
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

It looks like we have a problem with the current [_deletedentitylog] table, we plan to fix that, and then recreate the backup files.

I will post the update.

Best regards.

User93
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Fixing the _deletedentitylog table (empty, recreate) before recreating the backup files worked well, and we succeeded with the restore part.

Best regards.