Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denisb
Contributor III
Contributor III

How To Save User Credential On Mobile Device For Qlik Sense - Forms Authentication?

On mobile devices (iPad/iPhone), we get the forms authentication to log into Qlik Sense. 

Or we can use a special "virtual proxy" with forms authentication. 

denisb_0-1646919365105.png

Is there any way to save the username and/or password? 

denisb_1-1646919436478.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

By default, the standard webform allows browsers and apps to scrape information from the form, and store it. Here is the example:

If the webform was customized, then it needs to be configured according to the instructions here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Mobile/Logging-in-to-the-Qlik-Sense-Mobile-app/td-p/100067

If it's really the standard settings,  this might have to do with browser security. It maybe to do with the integration or customization that is implemented for the specific browser.  The better way is to test each browser and check out with your IT.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

Please refer to https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/The-settings-in-Windows-to-change-auto-login-Qlik-Sense/ta-p...

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @denisb : is this happening in Qlik Sense Mobile or Safari?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
denisb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It is happening in "Secure Web (a mobile device management web browser from citrix)". But it is also happening in chrome on my PC, when I use the Virtual Proxy with FORMS-Authentication. 

There is no option for our users to save the credentials. 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

By default, the standard webform allows browsers and apps to scrape information from the form, and store it. Here is the example:

If the webform was customized, then it needs to be configured according to the instructions here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Mobile/Logging-in-to-the-Qlik-Sense-Mobile-app/td-p/100067

If it's really the standard settings,  this might have to do with browser security. It maybe to do with the integration or customization that is implemented for the specific browser.  The better way is to test each browser and check out with your IT.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

I also tested it on Safari for iOS, and I'm also prompted to save the password there.
So, this has to do with the integration or customisation that you have in place.

denisb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay. I got it. 

It works in firefox. So we have some restrictions in chrome and safari. 

Thank you