Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACN_DASH_QLIK
Contributor
Contributor

How often does QlikSense Repository update?

Hi,

My organisation uses the monitoring apps quite frequently to monitor user usage activity on various applications. Until recently, logs from August and September went missing. 

Checked within the Operations Monitor application script and realise it pulls server logs from two locations, Qlik Sense Repository DB and the server logs folder. The default location in which it pulls the server logs info from is from the Qlik Sense Repository DB.

I checked the the logs folder on the server (both server logs and archived logs folder) and realised that the server logs for both August and September were backed up to the archived folders as expected (normally happens every 12 hours). I copied them back to the original server log location, changed the default variable within the edit script to point to the folder instead of the DB and it worked fine.

My question is this, how often does the Qlik Sense Repository DB back up server logs? How does it work? Any suggestion on how to mitigate loss of server logs in the future? Because ideally, having to copy back archived logs to its original location doesn't seem like a viable/permanent solution. Is there any reason why a backup of the server logs would not be stored and saved within the Repository DB?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @ACN_DASH_QLIK ,

since we are deprecating the use of Centralised (Database) logging, I suggest that you reconfigure your monitoring apps to only use the log files.
You will find the instructions here

This will prevent data loss like the one you experienced.

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.