Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryan_sng
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to verify load balancing

Hey guys,

I have setup 1 central node and 3 rim nodes using qlik sense june 2017 edition.

Under virtual proxies > node > load balancing, I have added all 4 nodes to each of the nodes (see photo below)

<snipped due to privacy issue>

Now I assume activity in Qlik will be load balance across all 4 nodes (I did not configure load balancing rules)

However when I go to operations monitoring and did a manual reload, looking at the following photo,

we can see that central node and rim 1 are clearly not in used.

rim 3 is also too heavily in used while rim 2 is used rarely.

Is operations monitor the correct method to verify that load balancing is indeed working?

And if so, the results seems to indicate load balancing is not working as per intended.

Labels (3)
10 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!
Default Load Balancing in Qlik Sense is quite basic, and it's explained here: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000027439.

As explained in the article, there's always the option to use  a third party load balancer to add more advanced options.

We also have a feature request about improving the default load balancing: should you feel that this is relevant for you, please contact your account manager and ask him/her to link your account to the feature request, so that it can gain some weight.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.