Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Impersonate ActiveDirectory Users with iPortal

Hey there,

I got a quite special problem and would like to know if it is possible to solve it with iPortal or if there is a better approach by using iPortal.

All our QS Users come from an active directory. The active directory has a QlikSense group and different sub-groups. We are using QlikSense security rules to allow the access to streams, apps and sheets based on the Active Directory group membership of the users.

Furthermore we use Section Access to limit the access the data in the app.

Of course we need to test the security rules and the section access before publishing the apps.

Right now we sync every user of the Active directory with our QlikSense Dev Server.

Option 1: Best would be if we could configure iPortal so that it is based on our QlikSense userdatabase (that comes from AD). By that it would be possible to impersonate every user of our system.

Option 2: User iPortal best practice. But what would that look like? Should we get an export of our ActiveDirectory to excel and load it into iportal? Should we create dummy users based on the different roles (e.g. normal user, power user, etc.) and then do the testing only for the different roles?

I really appreciate your input! Thank you very much!

All the best

Oliver

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey Micah,

actually I did figure it out by myself. I was pretty surprised to find out that you do not have to do any access / right management settings to give iPortal access to the users of your AD.

All you have to do is to go to ..\EAPowerTools\iportal\udc and type in all the neccessary informations.

e.g. in iportal_attributes.csv you would have to add a new line.

Micah,udc,your AD

I guess that udc stands for user directory connector and therefore you have to write in the name of the UDC to your AD as it is named in the QMC.

Furthermore you have to update the content of the other csv in the folder too. But those are pretty self explaining I think.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
micahsakata
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Oliver.  Did you get any resolution with this?  I'm in the same situation.  I can't figure out how to configure iPortal to do this.

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey Micah,

actually I did figure it out by myself. I was pretty surprised to find out that you do not have to do any access / right management settings to give iPortal access to the users of your AD.

All you have to do is to go to ..\EAPowerTools\iportal\udc and type in all the neccessary informations.

e.g. in iportal_attributes.csv you would have to add a new line.

Micah,udc,your AD

I guess that udc stands for user directory connector and therefore you have to write in the name of the UDC to your AD as it is named in the QMC.

Furthermore you have to update the content of the other csv in the folder too. But those are pretty self explaining I think.

bgadela12
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Oliver,

can you provide the iportal_attributes.csv file modified according to your requirement. We are still facing issues and it would be a great help

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey Bharath,

this is working for me:

iportal_users.csv

userid,name

mmuster,Max Mustermann

iportal_Attributes.csv

userid,type,value

mmuster, udc, ABC

mmuster, app, hub

mmuster, app, QMC

(ABC is the Domainname)

app_paths.csv

appName,port,path,boolAuth

hub,,/hub,true

qmc,,/qmc,true

qmcu,,/content/default/qmculogin.html,true

pinit,,/pinit,true

gms,8590,/masterlib/testpage,false

Feel free to post you configuration if this does not help.

All the best

Oliver