Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm4
Contributor II
Contributor II

Inconsistent Measure Calculation Across Users

I manage a Qlik Cloud  tenant.  When recently reviewing a table with another user, we discovered that we were seeing different results for one of the table's measures.  In the attached images, I've highlighted the file number on the left and the measures in question on the right.  We were looking at the same data point and we were using the same filters.  How would you recommend I troubleshoot an issue like this?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @jm4 

How exactly are you filtering? 

Is section access in use at all?

Is there a calculated column that might be causing the issue?

Check the above first.

If none of the above apply and if you can reproduce the issue consistently with other apps then it 'could' be a bug.

But I suspect it could have to do with the design of the chart and how the table columns are constructed (if calculated for example).

Also, try to clear cookies and the browser cache to ensure they aren't seeing cached data...not likely but something to check. (you an incognito window if you don't want to clear cookies and cache).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @jm4 

How exactly are you filtering? 

Is section access in use at all?

Is there a calculated column that might be causing the issue?

Check the above first.

If none of the above apply and if you can reproduce the issue consistently with other apps then it 'could' be a bug.

But I suspect it could have to do with the design of the chart and how the table columns are constructed (if calculated for example).

Also, try to clear cookies and the browser cache to ensure they aren't seeing cached data...not likely but something to check. (you an incognito window if you don't want to clear cookies and cache).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
marcus_sommer

A bug seems for me quite unlikely because the incorrect called values seems to be just twice as much. This hints for differences within the data-set and other user-depending measures, for example any variables or master-items (user-depending calculated and/or stored in bookmarks).

jm4
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I recreated the table in another app and the inconsistent calculation went away.  It must have been caused by the complex data structure of the original app.  Thanks for the advice!

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries @jm4 

Glad I could help point you in the right direction.

Kind regards...