Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco37
Contributor
Contributor

Install Qlik roles on multiple servers (Three-tier installation)

At this moment our whole QlikSense environment is located on a single server. For our new QlikSense environment I want (for security reasons) to split the roles across multiple servers, each in the zone where that role belongs (three-tier installation). I don't have Qlik experience yet (I am a database administrator).

I want:
- the roles that the end users use on a server in our presentation compartment/layer,
- the roles that the end users do not use in our application compartment/layer,
- the data files/database in our data compartment/layer

Is the setup I have made below a possible solution? I'm not sure if some components on the Consumer node need direct access to Data node and I'm not sure if the QES and QRS roles are needed on the Consumer node.

QLIK DAP.JPG

When their is documentation about this topic, then please point me in the right direction. I have read the installation manual, but it didn't answer al my questions.

Kind regards,
Marco

Labels (1)
2 Replies
kevin_zlq
Contributor
Contributor

my side has the similar question, can anyone help to answer this question?

Torsten_Kohrt
Employee
Employee

your explanation is not quite clear to me it is very confusing . 

Can you describe me that perhaps something else because so it makes no sense

the engine will always open the app from the shared folder, and the repository will always on rim and central node access the Repository Database. Which is working as designed.